Below you will find all you need to know about how Back 2 Basics Fitness collects, uses and protects your personal data.
We take the protection of your data very seriously. We want you to feel confident that we are keeping your data secure, and that we handle and process it in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation.In our Data Protection Policy, we explain what personal data we collect, how we collect it, what we use your data for and how we safeguard it.
What data do you collect?
We want to give our members the best possible experience. To do so, we need to collect personal data from you for certain processes such as providing a service and when you enquire about our services.
The data we collect may include:
- Personal information such as name, address, date of birth and other contact details.
- Any feedback you've given us through our website or apps including member support. This may be used for training purposes and operational compliance.
- As you use B2B, you will need to share certain personal information with us, such as your name, phone number and email address, and to create a unique password for your account.
- When you visit our websites or use our apps we collect device information such as the IP address of your device, your device model and its settings and network information.
- When you provide us with information about how you use Back 2 Basics Fitness content/products or services in competitions, market research or consumer forums.
- Your marketing preferences that you provide when you sign up for our products and services.
- The type of products and services you have including your contract type and all information to do with your payments.
- CCTV data when you visit our gyms.
How do you use the data you collect? Primarily we use the data we collect to ensure we are providing you with highly relevant content, products and services that meet your specific needs, and to deliver more efficient account management.
Here are some other ways in which we use this data:
- To help us refine our products and services.
- To make sure we are only sending you communications about products and services that you've shown an interest in.
- To ensure you enjoy a good end-to-end member experience with us, from managing orders to sending invoices and answering your queries.
- To keep you updated on any changes to your services, and to advise you on how you can get the best out of our services and products.
- To enhance our member support by analysing your interactions with us.
- We will process your data to help us present appropriate offers to you in the form of relevant personalised communications based on your interests and characteristics.
- To ensure our service is secure and to detect or prevent fraud or crime.
- So that we can investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities and violations of our Terms of Service and/or applicable law.
- To meet our legal and regulatory obligations.
- In many cases, we aggregate and/or anonymise your personal information so that it no longer identifies you.
- We use this data so that we can better understand our members and how they use our services so that we can improve our services to provide a better member experience or to create new services.
How long do you keep my personal data?
This depends on the type of data and how we use it. When we make a decision on what data to keep, we consider the information we need to best provide you with our products and services, to help us manage your relationship with us, and to make sure we can meet certain statutory obligations.
Ways we collect data:
We typically ask you for personal details when you sign up for our services through our website, in our gyms, in person, register for any of our apps, or visit our websites.
How do you secure my data?
At Back 2 Basics Fitness, securing your personal data is extremely important to us, which is why we take appropriate measures to protect your data. We use a range of security technologies and processes, and actively monitor emerging cyber threats on a 24/7 basis.
Controlling my data
How can I take control of my personal data?
The good news is you have ultimate control over your personal data. If you don't want us to send you relevant offers or marketing information, you can opt in or out at any time via B2B. Here are the quick and simple ways you can opt out:
Log in to your B2B account and select the Member Details tab. You can use the opt in / out option here. You can also opt out using the link or text option at the bottom of any marketing e-mail or text you receive from us.
What communications will we always send you?
We make it easy for you to opt-out of marketing information and offers. However, we want to make sure you are kept up to date on all information relevant to your account. That's why you cannot opt out of receiving messages related to billing, usage or general service messages.
How can I access my data?
If you want to get a copy of your personal data we hold, simply log on to your B2B account and use the link on the Member Details tab.
Any other questions?
If you would like to discuss your other GDPR rights, please contact us at email@example.com
What about third parties?
Who do you share my data with and why?
There are a number of reasons why we would share your data with third parties. Be assured your data will only ever be shared with third parties that we trust explicitly. Here is a list of instances in which we share your data, and the third parties to whom we share it with.
- Organisations who work on Back 2 Basics Fitness's behalf to provide you with products and services, for example, billing.
- If you have opted in for marketing or have requested to be marketed by third parties under our service.
- If we feel your personal safety is at risk.
- If we are required by any relevant public authority or law enforcement agency.
- If there is a change of ultimate ownership of Back 2 Basics Fitness Limited. In this case, we would require the new owners to keep your data confidential.
- If we suspect that you have given us false information and we have reasonable grounds to do a further investigation.
- Where a third party is processing your data on behalf of Back 2 Basics Fitness and is required to disclose it by law.
- Where a member has made a complaint and we need to investigate it.
- We may need to transfer your data outside the EEA when we require a Third Party to work on behalf of Back 2 Basics Fitness to provide you with a service or product.
What are cookies and how do you use them?
Cookies are small files that are stored on your computer when you visit our websites. The cookies hold basic information that shows us if you have visited our site previously, and which pages you visited. This data helps us to provide you with a more personalised service, so for example, the next time you visit our site we can present you with product or service information that you've shown an interest in.
How do you collect data from cookies?
We collect data in a way which does not identify you. We will not associate any data gathered from our website with any personally identifying information from any other source.
Can I enable or disable cookies?
Today most web browsers allow you some control over whether you allow cookies to be collected. You can also easily delete or clear cookies on your browser at any time. This is a handy guide www.allaboutcookies.org which shows you how to see what cookies have been set on your browser and how you can manage them.